Uruguay has a population of over 3.4 million people of which, 2.7 million are aged 15 and over. According to the World Bank report, approximately, 36% of adults in Uruguay live unbanked and rely on cash to get by.
- 64% of people in Latin America & the Caribbean are unbanked
- 44.6% of people in Latin America & the Caribbean are unbanked
- 35% of people in Europe and Central Asia are unbanked
- 66.5% of people in the Middle East and North Africa are unbanked
- 31.5% of adults globally do not have bank accounts...that's 1.7 billion people!
The document is a pocket edition of the Global Findex database, presenting its third round of data collection since the Global Findex database was launched in 2011. Indicators are organized by country, region and income group, and delve into the use of formal and informal financial services.