Rwanda has a population of 12.21 million, of which, 7.1 million are above the age of 15. Of these 7.1 million, only 50% have bank accounts, according to the World Bank's 2019 Little Book of Financial Inclusion. That's at least 3.5 million Rwandans relying on universal, democratic and easy-to-use cash.
- 66.5% of people in the Middle East and North Africa are unbanked
- 64% of people in Latin America & the Caribbean are unbanked
- 44.6% of people in Latin America & the Caribbean are unbanked
- 35% of people in Europe and Central Asia are unbanked
- 31.5% of adults globally do not have bank accounts...that's 1.7 billion people!
The document is a pocket edition of the Global Findex database, presenting its third round of data collection since the Global Findex database was launched in 2011. Indicators are organized by country, region and income group, and delve into the use of formal and informal financial services.