In Egypt, 67% of people rely on cash (World Bank, 2018)
The statistic comes from the World Bank report, The Little Data Book of Financial Inclusion report, published in April 2018.
Egypt's population of 64.7 million people over the age of 15, is largely dependent on cash with only 32.8% holding bank accounts.
- 66.5% of people in the Middle East and North Africa are unbanked
- 64% of people in Latin America & the Caribbean are unbanked
- 44.6% of people in Latin America & the Caribbean are unbanked
- 35% of people in Europe and Central Asia are unbanked
- 31.5% of adults globally do not have bank accounts...that's 1.7 billion people!
The document is a pocket edition of the Global Findex database, presenting its third round of data collection since the Global Findex database was launched in 2011. Indicators are organized by country, region and income group, and delve into the use of formal and informal financial services.
Last Updated: Feb 12, 2020