PARIS, FRANCE: From 3.30-5pm (local time) on 7th June, Deputy Governer at Riksbank Cecilia Skingsley will be discussing 'Cashless Society and Fintech' at the 2017 OECD Forum panel. Moderated by Axel Threlfall (Reuters' Editor-at-Large), Skingsley and five other speakers, will participate in a discussion on the theory of a cashless future and innovation within the financial industry.
List of speakers
- Hans van Dalfsen (Editor-in-Chief of Z!) @Z_AMSTERDAM
- Arun Jaitley (Minister of Finance, Corporate Affairs & Defence, India) @arunjaitley
- Tadeusz Kościński (Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Economic Development, Poland) @MR_GOV_PL
- Gianluca Riccio Head of Strategy and Framework in Commercial Bank Risk (CBR), Lloyds Banking Group; Vice Chair, Finance Task Force, BIAC
- Primoz Zupan, CEO, Mbills, Slovenia, @PrimozZupan
- Cecilia Skingsley, Deputy Governor, Riksbank, Sweden, @c_skingsley
The International Monetary Fund, European Central Bank and Cecilia Skingsley are all of the opinion that the proposal to the Swedish government which would half their foreign currency reserve (particularly when the banking sector and its foreign currency dependence are increasing) is 'to say the least, a risky venture'.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) holds annual forums for 'governments to work together and seek solutions to common problems'. The organisation's mission is to 'promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world.
"Today we can say the same thing about modern communication technology as about the printing presses in the 17th century. Access to the Internet is widespread, and computers, smartphone, and tablets are all household items. Thus, the conditions are ripe for launching more electronic payment forms...
7th June 2017
Time (local time)
2 Rue Andre Pascal,
Join the conversation:
Follow the event on: @OECD and @OECDLive
Event hashtag: #OECDForum and #OECD3
Session hashtags: #trust #digital #inclusivegrowth #bridgingdivides
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/135945773617382/
Content Expert, Riksbanken. "Skingsley: The central bank in an innovative and fast-paced world." Sveriges Riksbank. May 31, 2017. Accessed June 05, 2017. http://www.riksbank.se/en/Press-and-published/Speeches/2017/Skingsley-The-central-bank-in-an-innovative-and-fast-paced-world/.