The Currency Conference brings together key officials in the currency issuing and distribution departments of Central Banks and Monetary Authorities, printing works, and leading industry suppliers to the industry from around the world to share experiences and network with each other in a secure and engaging environment.
Who Should Attend?
The Currency Conference welcomes Central Bank Governors, Deputy Governors, Chief Cashiers, Senior Managers of Currency Operations, Ministers of Finance, Treasury Officials, Law Enforcement Agencies, Other Key Officials representing:, Banknote Printers, Banknote Processing Equipment Manufacturers, Cash Management Companies, Currency Wholesalers, Foreign Currency Services, Automation Specialists and other industry suppliers.
'With its own rich history, the Currency Conference organized by Currency Research has been a meaningful forum for such discussion since 1992.'
Sunday, April 7th
- 2:00pm–4:30pm Pre-Conference Workshop: Payments for Cash Professionals; must pre-register.
- 3:00pm–6:00pm Delegate Check-in and Distribution of Conference Materials
- 6:00pm–9:30pm Welcome Dinner: Off-site (includes 30 minute travel to/from venue)
Monday, April 8
- 8:30am–8:45am Conference Welcome
- 8:45am–9:05am Welcome Address
- 9:05am–9:25am Keynote Presentation & Discussion
- 9:25am–9:45am IACA Award Finalists Announcement
- 10:30am–12:00pm Session 1
- 2:00pm–3:15pm Session 2
- 4:15pm–5:30pm Session 3
- 5:30pm–7:30pm Exhibition Cocktail Reception
Tuesday, April 9th
- 8:30am–9:45am Session 4
- 10:45am–12:00pm Session 5
- 2:15pm–3:30pm Session 6
- 3:30pm–3:45pm IACA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Wednesday, April 10th
- 8:30am–9:45am Session 8
- 10:45am–12:00pm Session 9
- 1:30pm–2:45pm Session 10
- 3:30pm–4:45pm Session 11
- 4:45pm–5:00pm Conference Close & CC2021 Announcement
- 6:00pm–11:00pm Gala Dinner: Off-site (includes 25-minute travel to/from venue)
Thursday, April 11th
- 9:30am–12:30am Polymer User Summit Central Bank delegates only; must pre-register.
- 9:30am–12:30pm 2nd Annual State Printworks Summit State Printworks delegates only; must pre-register
“Good conference, especially [regarding] major trends of the use of cash”
Currency Conference sponsors will share their expertise and solutions in brief presentations (10-15 minutes) at the Technical Discussion Center during coffee and lunch breaks. Roundtable Discussions will be hosted by various sponsors to discuss topics in workshop-style sessions for 40–45 minutes during lunch breaks.
Technical Discussion Center
- Mobile Money: Poster Child or Problem Child?
- Counterfeit Analysis & Examination: Brand new data management tool from CPS
- An Innovative Solution for Low Denomination Banknotes at the Coin-Note Boundary
- Trends in High Security Features from the Expert in Security Threads and Foils
- Banknote Windows: Techniques to Apply Security Features to Banknotes
- Cylinder Mould Watermarks: At the Heart of Banknote Security
- Celebrating with Coins
- Why Issuing Low Value Banknotes (Especially Plastic) is Clearly a Bad Idea
- Our Challenge to Integrate an OVD into Polymer Banknotes
- Holographics: The Leading Supplier of Equipment and Services for the Banknotes Industry
A new feature for the 2019 Currency Conference, join these informative lunchtime round-table discussions with leading industry suppliers.
- Cash: The Invisible Hero
- Maintaining Financial Inclusion while going “Less-Cash”
- How do You Keep Cash Relevant in Today’s Electronic World?
- Using Data To Drive Strategy | Cash Processing Solutions (CPS)
Rising dramatically from the surrounding sand and sea, this city is famous for its architecture, shopping, street markets and entertainment, making it the perfect place to experience the next Currency Conference.
Sheikh Rashid Road
Riyadh St, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Join the conversation
Currency Research (CR) is an international organization that believes education and communication are fundamental to growth and innovation within central banks, their suppliers, and the related supply chain for currency and payment systems.