From 23rd-25th October 2017, The Coin Conference will be taking place at The Mariott Hotel in Warsaw, Poland. Over 250 coin professionals will be coming together to explore insights on 'how to make coins more durable, secure and ultimately more cost-effective.'
In addition to panel discussions, 10 leading supplier exhibitions and 30 industry presentations, the conference will also see the Excellence in Currency Awards presented during the conference, a welcome cocktail reception, a conference dinner with a twist and a coin football match. Discover new and practical ways to improve cash strategies while expanding your professional knowledge and network.
Topics covered include
- Forecasting demand
- Determining the optimum note/coin boundary
- Optimising distribution
- Minimising costs of production and circulation
- Building and maintaining public confidence
- Counterfeiting and authentication
- Performance in circulation
- Alternative payment methods
'The only event to focus on coins as part of cash strategies - covering design, security, cost-effective production, distribution and management in circulation from the perspective of currency issuers.'
Who should attend?
- Governments: Treasury departments, monetary authorities, central banks and financial institutions
- Coin Production: State-owned and commercial mints and manufacturers of components and blanks
- Cash Management: Cash handling and CIT service providers Coin services Vending systems manufacturers and operators
- Specialist Suppliers: Suppliers of coin production, handling and packaging equipment
Confirmed attendees include representatives from the following
Baden-Wurttemberg State Mint, Bank Indonesia, Bank of Mexico, Banque de France, Casa de Moneda de Chile, Bavarian State Mint, China Banknote Printing and Minting Corporation, Banque du Liban, Coins Weekly, Japan Mint, Monea Coin Technology, Permaquim, Royal Dutch Mint, Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority, SCAN COIN, The Bank of Korea and United States Mint.
'If you want to discover new ways to make coins more durable, secure and ultimately more cost-effective, you will find The Coin Conference a fascinating and valuable experience.'
- Free - Workshop 1: 'TT' (for central banks and coin issuers only)
- €250 - Workshop 2: 'How to Forecast Coin Demand''
- €250 - Workshop 3: 'The Note/Coin Boundary'
- €350 - Workshop 2 and 3: 'How to Forecast Coin Demand' and 'The Note/Coin Boundary
Excellence in Currency Awards
Organised by IACA in association with Currency News to 'promote and recognise excellence in currency issue, production, processing, management and distribution.'
- Best Coin Innovation
- Best New Circulating Coin or Series
- Best New Commemorative or Test Coin
- Best New Communications (Circulating Coins) Program
Social and Networking Opportunities
Monday is not only pre-conference workshop day but also the welcome cocktails day. Tuesday will end with a rivetting conference dinner packed with Polish music and cuisine hosted by Mint of Poland. Go for gold as a player or fan (all skill levels welcome) at the Coin Football Match hosted by Monea.
'A great forum to interact with the world leaders involved in coins supply, distribution and manufacturing.'