The German-only conference will be packed with speeches and discussions led by high-ranking academic, public authority and private sector representatives.
What better way to spend Valentine's Day in Germany, than by attending the most cash-loving country's cash conference? Can't make it? No worries; the conference can be live streamed here.
Hosted by Bundesbank President Dr. Jens Weidmann and Board Member Carl-Ludwig Thiele, the conference will be moderated by Phillip Otto, editor-and-chief of the Zeitschrift für das gesamte Kreditwesen magazine.
It will also feature a panel discussion on 'a citizen's freedom of choice when paying' with Professor Dr Udo Di Fabio (Judge of the Federal Constitutional Court a. D.), Dr Fritz Zurbrugg (Vice Chairman of the Governing Board of the Swiss National Bank), Yves Mersch (Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank) and Carl Ludwig Thiele (Board Member for Deutsche Bundesbank).
Cash Debate topics include:
- Cash in the focus of recent developments
- Cash - a means of payment yesterday, today and tomorrow
- Do we still need cash?
- The role of euro banknotes as legal tender
- Citizens' freedom over their money
- Citizens' freedom of choice when paying
- Cash remains - cashless is coming
- Cash in the digital world
- One currency - Cash cycles: Germany as a model for Europe?
- Video presentation on cash cycle in Germany*
- 08.30am - Registration
- 09.00am - Dr. Jens Weidmann (President of Deutsche Bundesbank)
- 09.20am - Philipp Otto (Editor-and-chief of the Zeitschrift für das gesamte Kreditwesen magazine)
- 09.40am - Carl Ludwig Thiele (Board Member for Deutsche Bundesbank)
- 09.50am - Dr. Fritz Zurbrügg (Vice Chairman of the Governing Board of the Swiss National Bank)
- 10.20am - Marija Kolak (President of the Federal Association of German Volksbanken and Raiffeisenbanken)
- 11.20am - Yves Mersch (Executive Board Member of the European Central Bank)
- 11.50am - Professor Dr. Udo Di Fabio (Judge of the Federal Constitutional Court a. D.)
- 12.20pm - Panel Discussion: Professor Dr. Udo Di Fabio, Dr. Fritz Zurbrügg, Yves Mersch and Carl Ludwig Thiele
- 14.15pm - Special Presentation: Professor Dr. Martin Hellwig (Max Planck Iinstitute for Research on Collective Goods)
- 14.45pm - Dr. Joachim Schmalzl (Chairman of Advisory Board at Deutsche WertpapierService Bank AG)
- 15.15pm - Dr. Hans Walter Peters (President of the Federal Association of German Banks)
- 15.45pm - Stefan Hardt (Central area manager Cash of the Deutsche Bundesbank)
- 16.15pm - Carl Ludwig Thiele (Board Member for the Deutsche Bundesbank)*
*Titles have been translated from German, any errrors please contact email@example.com.
Hilton Frankfurt City Centre
60313 Frankfurt am Main
Join the conversation on Twitter